The paint shop is responsible for repairs on all academic buildings, residence halls, and faculty/staff rental properties. Within the paint shop is the craft foreman, painters, interior finishers, carpet replacement crew, and glass shop. Their duties include the following:
- Painting of all academic buildings, residence halls, and rental properties.
- Painting of all ornamental iron fencing on campus.
- Removal of graffiti from university properties.
- Refinish exterior basketball and tennis courts.
- Prepare Alumni Coliseum exterior pool for summer use via painting and caulking.
- Repair and re-finish of damaged drywall.
- Repair of ceramic walls and floors.
- Re-grout ceramic floors.
- Repair & refinishing of wood floors.
- Re-finish bronze plaques.
- Installation of new carpet.
- Replacement of existing carpet.
- Repair of damaged VCT flooring.
- Installation of VCT/vinyl flooring.
- Replacement of broken glass in windows and doors.
- Installation of window tinting.
- Installation and removal of temporary signs around campus for special events including graduation ceremonies.
- Installation of wallpaper.
- Repair of damaged window frames.
- Repair of window screens.
- Installation and repair of window blinds and treatments.
- Repair of skylights.
- Repair damaged caulk joints.
- Replacement of broken mirrors.
Other duties as assigned by Associate Director and/or Director.