Housing Maintenance-Residence Halls
Housing Maintenance – Residence Halls is responsible for repairs on all residence halls. Within HMC is the craft foreman and the repair techs. Their duties include the following:
- Unstopping drains in showers, floor drains, sinks, tubs, and commodes.
- Repairs to commodes, lavatories, urinals, faucets, garbage disposals, and dishwashers.
- Replacement of commodes, lavatories, urinals, faucets, garbage disposals, refrigerators, and dishwashers when routine repairs are not successful.
- Repair and or replace damaged receptacles, switches, breakers, lights, light lenses, and motors.
- Repair wood/metal doors damaged by vandalism.
- Replacing damaged existing wood/metal doors and hinges when repairs do not meet fire ratings.
- Repair damaged furniture, cabinets, and dressers.
- Replace missing or stained ceiling tiles.
- Replace damaged or missing VCT floor tiles and base.
- Assist the HVAC department with fan coil unit repairs which supply heating and cooling to individual rooms.
- Craft foreman coordinates work for student summer work crews for University Housing.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Director and/or Director.