Housing Maintenance-Rental Properties
Housing Maintenance – Rental Properties is responsible for repairs on all faculty/staff rental properties. Within Family Housing is the craft foreman and the repair workers Their duties include the following:
- Unstopping drains in showers, sinks, tubs, and commodes.
- Repairs to commodes, sinks, faucets, garbage disposals, and dishwashers.
- Replacement of commodes, lavatories, urinals, garbage disposals, refrigerators, and dishwashers when routine repairs are not successful.
- Unstop gutters and downspouts.
- Weed-eat yards, and trim hedges on rental properties.
- Assist in snow removal on rental properties.
- Repair and or replace damaged receptacles, switches, breakers, lights, light lenses, and motors.
- Assist the HVAC department with heating and cooling issues.
- Replacing damaged existing wood/metal doors and hinges.
- Repair damaged furniture, cabinets, and dressers.
- Change filters in air handling units.
- Replace out of date smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors on annually scheduled dates.
- Perform small renovation projects.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Director and/or Director.